[K12OSN] uh oh

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at snet.net
Wed Dec 15 22:04:05 UTC 2004

I lock my desktop with KDE's screensaver, so that a password is required
to quit the screensaver and access the desktop.
When I came today, I sat down and attempted to get in, as usual, but KDE
would not accept my password.
I tried numerous times.
I ended up rebooting the machine and logging in as root, checked users &
groups settings, and, sure enough,
appeared as though my password has been changed.
The root password was not altered, just my user password.
Could this mean that my machine was somehow compromised?
--
Anthony Baldwin
http://www.School-Library.net