[K12OSN] Re: Help! Please!

Ascension Tech ascensiontech at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 21:03:27 UTC 2004

Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the vagary.  Yes unfortunately it
was mounted.  Does that mean this partition is unrecoverable? No I
don't have a backup of the /boot partition.  When you say this:

> Or another machine with an identical partition
> that you could copy?  Then you could reformat and dump the
> backup.

Do you mean that I could do a minimal install on a spare machine with
the exact same size /boot partition and array and copy it over?

If that's not possible, since it's safer, how do get knoppix to
recognize my md1 array instead of 2 identical partitions.

Thanks again!
Peter