Re: [K12OSN] ready to deploy new k12ltsp and now... (crindge) FP / IIS problem

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 01:14:42AM -0500, John Baillie wrote:
> My first thought was the hosts file. I tested the machines in question
> by pinging the server and it returned the private IP address of the
> server so I know I'm not dealing with any proxy / dansguardian related
> issues.

I know NOTHING about any of this stuff, so I'm stabbing in the dark.
Sorry if I'm just wasting time :^)...

FP extensions are for editing a website via FrontPage, correct?
Does FrontPage talk to the webserver via port 80, or some other port?
If the latter, could a proxy / dansguardian be affecting _THAT?_
(e.g., on a per-port basis, versus the whole IP... hence your ability to ping)

Good luck!

-bill!