Re: [K12OSN] Asus SP97-V Motherboards

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 19:55, Timothy Legge wrote:

> The symptoms were similar to those you describe and I tried everything I
> could think of.  Finally I noticed that the light was still on on the
> motherboard even thought the PC was off.  I took a long shot that the
> nic was still powered and had not total reset (some nics only
> clear/reset certain functions based on the power).  I simply turned off
> the power supply switch (pull the plug) and waited for the light on the
> motherboard to go out.
>
> When I restarted, it worked fine.
>
> Tim

Thanks for the info Tim. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the problem
in this case as I've physically removed the NIC from the computer (and
power) on a number of occasions, and the problem is still occurring.

I'll definitely tuck this away as something to look out for when I get
around to dealing with clients that are new enough to have onboard NICs.

As for the Asus boards, I did find a few other NICs that are working
with K12LTSP, so my next step is to try those with the Asus board to see
if it isn't a problem with that combination of hardware.

--
Jonathan S. White
Computer Technician