Re: [K12OSN] Cygwin X for windows - run from CD

Les Mikesell wrote:

FreeNX works as a compressing proxy for X.  That is, it can only work
with X on the server side where it tries to optimize what it sends to
the remote.  It knows more about the X protocol than VNC, so font
display and some other operations are handled directly by the client and
can be more efficient.  There will be some tradeoff between RAM and CPU
use on the server to run the freeNX proxy vs. the bandwidth saved by
the optimizations but I haven't seen real tests to show how this plays
out with a large number of users on a 100M LAN.

From your description I wonder if FreeNX would be better for TeacherTool than VNC Reflector proxy.

--

Robert Arkiletian C++ GUI tutorial http://fltk.org/links.php?V219