Re: [K12OSN] Yum update ?

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, norbert wrote:

Hi Eric,

It's getting late ...

[root krypton adobe]# rpm -q --whatprovides  mozilla-acroread
no package provides mozilla-acroread

Ok.

Resolving dependencies
....Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package mozilla-acroread needs acroread = 5.0.9, this is not available.

Not Ok.

Now I downloaded & installed acroread 5.0.9 & I still get this. Is this message generated from the server ?

No, it is generated by yum.

So here are a couple more things to try:

1) the plugin name is nppdf.so, let's do a search for that and see
   if rpm knows what package it belongs to:

rpm -qf `locate nppdf.so`

2) If not, lets see if we can guess what the mystery package is:

		rpm -qa | grep -i acroread
		rpm -qa | grep -i adobe
		rpm -qa | grep -i mozilla

one of those is bound to list a non-fedora/k12ltsp package

3) I just built acroread-5.0.10 & acroread-plugin-5.0.10 packages,
   try downloading these and running "rpm -Uhv acroread*rpm" on them.
   This will either upgrade the problem package or it is likely
   to give you a conflict error. In the first case: problem solved,
   in the second: problem identified.

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS/

-Eric