Re: [K12OSN] TFTP Server dosen't respond on client

Ramon wrote:

I'm trying to get pxe to run on network and it works, but TFTP dosen't.

How can I make sure TFTP is running, if not how can I make it run and boot on
restart with xinetd.

Error: PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout

Advices are welcome

From another box, try doing a TFTP session and see if you can download a file. Also check out your /etc/xinetd.d directory and look for the config file for tftp. Make sure that it's not set to disable; in K12LTSP, it isn't by default.

Also, another troubleshooting step you could use would be to fire up in.tftpd manually and see if you can download stuff. On my systems, I do it like this:

root multimedia:~# /usr/sbin/in.tftpd -v -l -c -s /my/tftpdir

The man pages go into what all the switches mean.

In all of these cases, while you're attempting the TFTP session, do a "ps ax | grep tftp" to see if you see any client sessions showing up.

--TP
Do you GNU!? <http://www.gnu.org>