[K12OSN] TFTP Server dosen't respond on client

"Terrell Prudé, Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Dec 17 13:09:49 UTC 2004

Ramon wrote:

>I'm trying to get pxe to run on network and it works, but TFTP dosen't.
>
>How can I make sure TFTP is running, if not how can I make it run and boot on
>restart with xinetd.
>
>Error: PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout
>
>Advices are welcome

 From another box, try doing a TFTP session and see if you can download
a file.  Also check out your /etc/xinetd.d directory and look for the
config file for tftp.  Make sure that it's not set to disable; in
K12LTSP, it isn't by default.

Also, another troubleshooting step you could use would be to fire up
in.tftpd manually and see if you can download stuff.  On my systems, I
do it like this:

   root at multimedia:~# /usr/sbin/in.tftpd -v -l -c -s /my/tftpdir

The man pages go into what all the switches mean.

In all of these cases, while you're attempting the TFTP session, do a
"ps ax | grep tftp" to see if you see any client sessions showing up.

--TP