[K12OSN] Yum update ?

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Fri Dec 17 14:41:05 UTC 2004

eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, norbert wrote:
>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> It's getting late ...
>>
>> [root at krypton adobe]# rpm -q --whatprovides  mozilla-acroread
>> no package provides mozilla-acroread
>

> Ok.
>
>> Resolving dependencies
>> ....Unable to satisfy dependencies
>> Package mozilla-acroread needs acroread = 5.0.9, this is not available.
>

> Not Ok.
>
>> Now I downloaded & installed acroread 5.0.9 & I still get this. Is
>> this message generated from the server ?
>

> No, it is generated by yum.
>

> So here are a couple more things to try:
>
> 1) the plugin name is nppdf.so, let's do a search for that and see
>    if rpm knows what package it belongs to:
>
>        rpm -qf `locate nppdf.so`
>
> 2) If not, lets see if we can guess what the mystery package is:
>
>        rpm -qa | grep -i acroread
>        rpm -qa | grep -i adobe
>        rpm -qa | grep -i mozilla
>
>    one of those is bound to list a non-fedora/k12ltsp package
>
> 3) I just built acroread-5.0.10 & acroread-plugin-5.0.10 packages,
>    try downloading these and running "rpm -Uhv acroread*rpm" on them.
>    This will either upgrade the problem package or it is likely
>    to give you a conflict error. In the first case: problem solved,
>    in the second: problem identified.
>
>    ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS/
>
> -Eric

Hi Eric,

Here's the result from those rpm's

[root at krypton root]# rpm -qf `locate nppdf.so`
acroread-plugin-5.06-4
acroread-5.06-4
file /usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so is not owned by
any packag e
[root at krypton root]# rpm -qa | grep -i acroread
acroread-plugin-5.06-4
acroread-5.06-4
[root at krypton root]# rpm -qa | grep -i adobe
[root at krypton root]# rpm -qa | grep -i mozilla
mozilla-nspr-1.7.3-0.2.0.k12ltsp.0.4.1
mozilla-1.7.3-0.2.0.k12ltsp.0.4.1
mozilla-mail-1.7.3-0.2.0.k12ltsp.0.4.1
mozilla-nss-1.7.3-0.2.0.k12ltsp.0.4.1

I downloaded and installed the new packages but I still get the same
error ??

thks
norbert