[K12OSN] Server Freezes with certain type of CDRs?

joseph.bishay at utoronto.ca joseph.bishay at utoronto.ca
Sat Dec 18 02:45:55 UTC 2004

Hello,

Has anyone seen this before? I'm trying to burn files with a spindle of
CDRss, but the machine freezes just after the burn begins.  No keys work,
unable to do anything except hit reboot.  I was able before to use
different media types, but it only seems to happen with the Staples brand
of CDRs. I've tried burning at different speeds, but it seems to make no
difference.  I'm using k12ltsp based on RH9, and I've got the lastest
version of cdrecord installed.

Has anyone else noticed something like this?

Thank you,
Joseph