[K12OSN] Silly Question

I have a silly question. My ASUS motherboard, dual cpu'd, I believe only has 32 bit PCI slots. Just got a raid controller that is 64 bit. I believe I am screwed, but does a 32 bit slot accept a 64 bit card and function? I mean, I tried sticking the card in an old server motherboard slot and it went in no problem, but a portion was sticking out the back end