Re: [K12OSN] uh oh

Ron Freidel wrote:
Some teachers I know use  their phone numbers for a password, relatively easy
for a student to guess, I have a few installations out there that has users
that actually use password for a password, 'course those aren't on the net, so
lax security isn't too bad, the networks are hard wired, you have to have
physical access.

But you weren't using an easy to guess password were you?

No. My password was a sanskrit mantra with numbers replacing some letters. Not a common or easily guessed password, I should think.

Another school I
work with uses passwords that I suppose would be easy to guess, a math teacher
uses a word related to math, the coach uses the name of his favorite football
team, etc, etc.

All of these are a nightmare in the eyes of a person who's main concern is
security.

Burke Almquist (balmquist mindfirestudios com) wrote:

Someone probably figured out your user password and changed it.

But the machine was alone at home in my basement all day.
This is my home machine. Not at school.
Heck, I'm not even teaching this year. Miss it.
Moved to get my daughter into a better district (one that uses Linux in the back end, too). Haven't found a teaching position locally yet.

tony
--
Anthony Baldwin
http://www.School-Library.net