[K12OSN] Bulk Add script for users

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Dec 22 15:12:53 UTC 2004

> Thanks to all for the WebMin reference.
>
> The only other thing I guess I need is a method to
> generate password.  Which of the various password
> gererators out there have any of you used?

Since we need user passwords for website access, grading programs,
desktop access, etc., we store the passwords in the master database and
they are exported with usernames and the like.  I usually make up a
password for the user and let them change it only by request (because
they are unable to change it in all of the other locations).  Also by
not randomly generating passwords they are a little more user friendly
to remember (ie: 4h6 at bh is harder to remember than Cupc at ke).

---