[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.0 officially released

Liam Marshall lsrpm at mts.net
Fri Dec 24 04:58:58 UTC 2004

Eric Harrison wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Liam Marshall wrote:
>
>> sure, now you tell me.   :)  How much difference is there between the
>> official release and the rc1 version I downloaded and loaded on my
>> server.  the rc1 version is working fine.  I would rather not go to
>> another version.  I was pleasantly surprised to get all my stuff
>> loaded included 600+ users and there settings and home directories.
>> any major changes, really, between rc1 and this official release?
>>
>> thanks in advance
>

> There are ZERO changes between 4.2.0-rc1 and 4.2.0.
>
> I simply re-named the files.
>

> -Eric

excellent!  This is actually my only complaint/rant about k12ltsp.  You
come out with changes so often!  That is great because it means you are
working on the issues we discover, but it makes me somewhat nervous
trying to explain to my principal why I am upgrading the server
software, again!

Let me reiterate.  I think it is assume that you work so hard on the
issues discovered.  I love the fact that the external usb hard drive I
have is now hotswapable with rc1!  I just need a brainless way now to
configure workstation sound.  I have IBM thin clients with Crystal sound
cards on the motherboard and I had no luck with 4.0.1 at all