Re: [K12OSN] i586, i686? how do I tell? (off topic)

Just cat /proc/cpuinfo, and you'll get what you want. Example from my multimedia thick client:

microman multimedia:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | more
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 6
model : 8
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+
stepping : 1
cpu MHz : 2004.545
cache size : 256 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips : 3997.69

microman multimedia:~$

BTW, yes, I think AMD rocks. :-)

--TP

aaa pacifier com wrote:

How do I tell which processor class is installed in my computer?
Some RPM's   are set up for certain class of processor and I don't know
which one to choose!

Any cross reference tables out there?

Thanks

Duane Wilson