[K12OSN] Off topic browser issue

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 14:26:02 UTC 2004

Julius,

This is exactly why I have Win2K Terminal Server (accessed via rdesktop):  to handle 'legacy' applications like IE-specific web-based tools.  It lets the staff do what they have to do while simulataneously highlighting the MS-lockin (and associated costs) that this approach incurs since the staff has to explicitly log onto the terminal server to do these tasks instead of staying in the Linux environment.

It lets me try to address the longer term issue of finding a way around the lock-in without burdening the teachers/students/staff in the deeper issues.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School