[K12OSN] Off topic browser issue

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Feb 19 17:52:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 07:38:01AM +1300, Steve Wright wrote:

> Will this not run reader rabbit and others ?

Note also, that there are people (like me!) who would love to work on
Open Source alternatives to staple products like this.  We just need the
guideance and support of actual honest-to-goodness educators. ;)

My Tux Math, for example, has been at a level of perpetual uselessness
because I really just need to sit down with a bunch of gradelevel math
teachers and have them tell ME what it should do :)

Fortunately, Tux Paint is only tangentially educational, and is meant as
a means to be artistic, rather than as a tutor/quizzer/storyteller.
I got to make it up as I went ;)

-bill!