[K12OSN] Changing proxy settings

Rick O'Dell rodell at bakersfield.k12.mo.us
Thu Feb 19 22:33:12 UTC 2004

	Richard, Hi, Glenwood, wow, next door. Thanks for the reply, I was hoping
to get by without another server, this is my first and it will only have 5
or 6 workstations attached. It maybe alright as is I don't know..
	What about profiles, do you create a profile for each user and set up the
proxy settings the web browser?????
Like I say, I new at this....
Rick..

Hey Rick!  You're not far from me.  I'm in West
Plains, MO!  The easiest way to get around this
problem is to set up another box as your proxy
filter running squid & squidguard and /or
dansguardian.  I ran into this too when I first
started.  Just find an old machine and install
onto it.  The default settings for K12LTSP will be
  OK.  THEN, tell your real K12LTSP server to use
this machine as the gateway.  Now, when students
log on they CAN'T get online until they tell
Mozilla to use that proxy filter - no more
bypassing it!

Richard K. Ingalls
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District