[K12OSN] Does squidGuard do reverse lookups on URL's with IP address?

dale.quigg at aspentech.com dale.quigg at aspentech.com
Fri Feb 20 12:34:06 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm looking to create a web filter using squidGuard and the blacklists on
squidguard.mesd.k12.or.us::filtering

It looks to me like the porn/domains file does not contain IP addresses for
all the sites listed.  Is it then possible for users to enter the IP address
for blocked sites and bypass the filtering?

I know that DansGuardian has an option to do a reverse lookup on entered IPs
and compare to the blacklist, but I don't know if this is/can be handled by
squidGuard.

Thanks for any assistance.
Dale