[K12OSN] Database for school desktop use

Andy Rabagliati andyr at wizzy.com
Sat Feb 21 10:25:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, anthony baldwin wrote:

> I'll be watching this thread, myself.
> Have you looked at
>
> http://www.knoda.org
> http://www.rekallrevealed.org/

These are both database frontends - needing a real DB like mysql to
do the work.

> http://www.koffice.org/kexi/

This might do the job - I see it at version 0.1.

Anyone had any experience with this ?

I will check it out. It is not the one I remember though ..

I almost feel like I should apologise for asking for this - if
you want a real DB, just get an engine and use a front-end...

However - I think it is important that it has a file-based store,
so there are no permissions issues. 30 kids messing around with
mysql databases - even /I/ have problems creating tables .. :-)

An exam must be able to ask a question, and have it answered,
perhaps with a printout to back it up, at the end of 60 minutes,
by 12th graders.

Cheers,    Andy!