[K12OSN] Cups printing from Windows XP?

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Sat Feb 21 10:27:04 UTC 2004

Yep, Win2k works but WinXP doesn't.  Cups is accepting from localhost and the local network.  However, I think I have tracked it down to settings in the security template for the XP box. I changed/reset every setting relating to printers that I could find in group policy, deleted the existing ntuser.dat and ntuser.pol and can now use the printer added by admin. Still can't add a printer for ipp/http (option is greyed out) unless admin, but the weekend isn't over yet.  Hope to get a default security template that I can then apply to the remaining XP student systems.

Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School
Newark Delaware 19713