[K12OSN] Several TS's with load balancing?

Trond Mæhlum trondrm at online.no
Mon Feb 23 13:05:02 UTC 2004

Is it possible to set up K12LTSP this way:

One mainserver for authentification and storage (Home)

Several TS with some sort of load balancing: When you log on you are
automatically sent to the TS with most resources available? Also, if one
TS goes down the network will still run, but with less capacity...

We use Win2000 TS with Citrix ICA this way. One fileserver and seven TS.
You will always log on to the server with the best capasity at that time.

The reason for my question is that I'm setting up 5 schools on via fiber
network. We are talking approx. 1500 users... 500-600 terminals.

Regards

Trond Mæhlum