[K12OSN] Floppy server can't connect

Andy Rabagliati andyr at wizzy.com
Tue Feb 24 03:15:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Jeff Braumberger wrote:

> I'm trying to save to a floppy so I can boot my terminal (client).
> Floppy access says it can't initialize the floppy server.  I've turned
> off the firewall.  That doesn't seem to make a difference.  Anyone have
> and thoughts?

I use MToolsFM for floppy access on the client.

I have found it necessary sometimes to do the following :-

# ldconfig -r /opt/ltsp/i386

What this does is update the dynamic linker cache /etc/ld.so.cache
(for the client) so that floppyd (or anything else) knows where to
find its libraries.

floppyd has X11R6 dependencies.

I think it would be a good idea if ltsp updated the /etc/init.d/* files
to run this on the server on boot.

Maybe it does this already in newer releases - I tend to do piecemeal
updates rather than installing from scratch.

Cheers,   Andy!