[K12OSN] anti-aliased fonts?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Feb 25 02:23:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Richard Duran wrote:

>On the server, XSERVER is set to "auto" in lts.conf:[Default]
>
>Should this be visible anywhere on the client?
>
>-richard

I just logged into a remote VNC session (should be the same as a terminal)
and ran:

	xdpyinfo | less

About the 20 line is the Extentions section "number of extensions..."
Mine shows 29 extensions, but I know these three are XFree86 4.x specific:

    FontCache
    RANDR
    RENDER

If xdpyinfo reports that you have these extensions, you *should* have
anti-aliased fonts.

You can also run gnome-font-properties (a.k.a. "start" -> preferences ->
font). I've never tried this on a XFree86 3.x terminal, but on XFree86 4.x
the changes are visably apparent in real-time.

-Eric