[K12OSN] K12LTSP v4.0.1 released

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Wed Feb 25 09:34:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 08:24, Steve Wright wrote:

>> On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 05:45, Henry Hartley wrote:
>> > How stable is unstable?  This is for a lab so an occasional
>> > crash won't be as devistating as if I were running an office
>> > on it but still I cannot have it crashing every half hour.
>> > Later posts seem to indicate it may be too unstable even for
>> > a lab, however.  Comments?
>>
>> I cannot help with all your questions, but FYI K12LTSP v4.0 has
>> 30 days uptime on my home system.

And your home system is running an SMP kernel?  I know the single
processor kernels are stable enough.  I've been running them since
November.  The SMP kernels seem to be seeing widely different up-
times, from a half hour up.  If you are running SMP, what
motherboard / chipset are you using?

--
Henry Hartley