[K12OSN] OT: Keeping SME servers updated?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Feb 25 11:37:33 UTC 2004

This is off-topic but I've seen several people on this
list mention that they also use SME servers.  Has anyone
come up with something as easy as apt-get or yum to keep
them up to date?  I just noticed some of mine that I had
let get out of date in remote locations have been compromised.

If you have any that are exposed to the internet through
ssh or ftp you need to be up to 5.6 with a bunch of RPM
upgrades or the current 6.0.  Unfortunately I have made some
custom changes that make the normal upgrade procedures
painful, especially remotely...

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com