[K12OSN] Auto-Login Doesn't Work

k12ltsp k12ltsp at hermon.net
Thu Feb 26 08:07:32 UTC 2004

Hi everyone! I ws wondering if someone could help me. I'm probably
missiong something very simple, and just don't see it! :-[

I edited the /etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc file and added the following entry for
terminal ws206.

[X-ws206:0-Core]
AutoLoginEnable=true
AutoLoginUser=room4b

Simple enough.. that's supposed to log terminal ws206 automatically into
the account room4b, but it doesn't work! Help! I got the instructions from
the ltsp website.

http://204.182.52.180/fom-serve/cache/4.html

(The link references /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc but it point to the same location
as my previous path above)

When I try this, nothing happens. The terminal boots up normally.

We are using distribution 3.1.2

Thank You!!!

Alan Owen
Recent Hermon High School Graduate (Class of '02)
Hermon Information Services/Hermon School Department
"Using Technology to Empower All Students to Succeed in a Changing World."

Webmaster of http://www.brittany-snow.com
The Official Website for the actress Brittany Snow on NBC's American Dreams