[K12OSN] Re: Re: Auto-Login Doesn't Work

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Thu Feb 26 09:55:01 UTC 2004

k12osn at redhat.com writes:
>In reference to the kdm and gdm.. do you mean KDE Display Manager? (In
>reference to the steps below) Will the modification affect all the
>terminals, or just the one I added to the kdmrc?
>Edit the following File: /etc/sysconfig/desktop
>DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"
>DESKTOP="KDE"

Are you using GDM on the server now for all the terminals?  Changing to
KDM is a global change (using step above)....I prefer KDM, but am forced
to use GDM due to a video issue on some older video cards....hope to
replace them in a bit and solve that issue....how's things in Hermon?  I'm
in Vassalboro......Maine.....

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School