[K12OSN] Video Memory

Quentin Hartman qhartman at lane.k12.or.us
Thu Feb 26 10:58:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 18:05, towsons at marist.ac.jp wrote:
> HI  - we use a lab full of Compaq Deskpro 4000 5200MX - all with crapster
> modified S3 cards,
> they need the Xfree 3 driver XF86_S3V and they work OK,
> but there is some lag and distortion, especially when scrolling documents.
> Will replacing these 1MB wonders with nice 32MB PCI Nvidia GE Force cards
> increase performance of the terminals?

It should. I would try one and make sure the results are what you are
looking for before you go buy a ton. If you do decide to go this way,
make sure to install the binary driver from Nvidia to get the
performance.

--
   -Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-

Academic Computing and Networking Services Coordinator
Fern Ridge School District 28J
Elmira, OR
Office: 541-935-2253 x429
Cell: 541-914-2989