[K12OSN] Changing proxy settings

Richard K. Ingalls ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
Fri Feb 20 09:54:02 UTC 2004

Rick O'Dell wrote:

> 	Richard, Hi, Glenwood, wow, next door. Thanks for the reply, I was hoping
> to get by without another server, this is my first and it will only have 5
> or 6 workstations attached. It maybe alright as is I don't know..
> 	What about profiles, do you create a profile for each user and set up the
> proxy settings the web browser?????
> Like I say, I new at this....
> Rick..

You can make the server authenticate each user if
you want.  I don't do that.  I may in the future.
  That way you can create customized "block" lists
depending upon the user.  I just blanket block the
stuff I don't want people viewing.  The policy
applies to all users.

Richard K. Ingalls
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District