[K12OSN] tuxmath---was Off topic browser issue

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Fri Feb 20 16:32:49 UTC 2004

"Caleb Wagnon" <cwagnon at redbugmail.k12.ar.us> wrote:

I'm no teacher...but the main thing I see this wonderful program missing is
accountability. If it could be split into different levels....and the
students
could be graded on each level and have a percentile correct posted after
each
level that would be nice.
<<

That's been my experience, too. Tux Math was the first program I installed
on our school LAN while experimenting with how to add Start menu shortcuts
to people's profiles under Samba. Unfortunately no-one uses it because the
little kids find some of the questions much too hard, and the older kids
find 1+1 too easy. Perhaps if it posed questions based on the times tables
the kids are working on, plus a proportion of revision material as well?

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]