[K12OSN] Database for school desktop use

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at snet.net
Sat Feb 21 10:13:01 UTC 2004

I'll be watching this thread, myself.
Have you looked at

http://www.knoda.org
http://www.rekallrevealed.org/
http://www.koffice.org/kexi/

I haven't tried any of these yet, myself, but a while back I had tried
some similar products and fialed to get the database server working,
since I was trying to serve the database and access it from the same
machine and was confused about how to go about setting this up.  All the
directions I could find were for setting up the database on a server and
then accessing it from another machine on a network.
I'd like to have something like this working, though, to set up my own
gradebooks (gGradebook is a bit too simple to be truly useful, couldn't
get opengrade to install and run) and also to catalog my book collection.

tony