[K12OSN] k12LTSP and static IP

Gustav Kramer gjkramer at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 21 11:35:00 UTC 2004

Another option, which would give you access to the whole K12LTSP desktop
would be to run an X server on the win2k machines and point it at the
LTSP server.  There are several commercial Xservers out there (WinaXe,
XWin32, etc) as well as CygwinX which is free.  This setup works a treat
for me at home where the rest of the household are windows bound.  One
caveat is that you won't get sound at the terminal. (Mind you I don't
get get sound at my terminal when I boot of the LTSP serve either but
that will be the subject of another post. Soon)