[K12OSN] OT: Limit Network Access by time

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Wed Feb 25 16:34:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 03:30:22PM -0600, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> I will pursue this option as it sounds like it will use my existing
> setup, if it doesn't do what I need I'll check into Squid.
>
> Thanks guys

Jim - I didn't know squid could be configured to be time aware.  Since
it has that capability I want to change my vote. :-)

If you are already using Squid, then I think you would be better off to
use its capabilities to manage your students acces by time of day.

For cron, some distros havea gui tool for adding cron jobs to the
system.

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.
"jkinz at kinz.org" is copyright 2003.