[K12OSN] Gnome startup programs

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Feb 26 09:18:05 UTC 2004

Do you think the problem is with gnome startup or with the vanguard_start.sh
script?  In other words, what happens if you have an icon on the desktop or menu
or wherever, that calls your script?  Does the browser launch consistently?  If
not, then it sounds like something is amiss with the script.  Likewise, if you
put, say, the/usr/bin/mozilla script into gnome's Startup Programs tab, does it
work consistently?  How about a script that launches, say, xclock or something
else really simple?  If not, then the problem sounds gnome-related.  So, it's
not clear to me, yet, exactly where the problem is.

Or perhaps you've already determined that the vanguard_start.sh script is okay,
and the failure is always with gnome launching it on startup?

Petre