[K12OSN] Re: Re: Auto-Login Doesn't Work

k12ltsp k12ltsp at hermon.net
Thu Feb 26 09:41:01 UTC 2004

k12osn at redhat.com writes:
>An off chance, but are you sure the ip is resolving to ws206?  Try
>putting the ip in instead.
>
>ex:
>[X-10.1.7.55:0-Core]
>
>Otherwise there isn't much else but making sure you are running kdm
>instead of gdm.....

Hi! Thank you for the response!

Yes, I am sure the IP is resolving correctly. I tailed the
/var/log/messages log and got the IP and pinged the hostname, and it
worked.

In reference to the kdm and gdm.. do you mean KDE Display Manager? (In
reference to the steps below) Will the modification affect all the
terminals, or just the one I added to the kdmrc?
Edit the following File: /etc/sysconfig/desktop
DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"
DESKTOP="KDE"
Thanks again!!