[K12OSN] new server serial ATA or SCSI - results on new 3ware card

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Feb 27 20:51:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 19:15, Chris Kacoroski wrote:
> They are standard Western Digital 7200 RPM SATA drives (250GB each).  I
> have not had a change to test the system with the 10K WD raptors yet
> (next week).

Can you give the 'Postmark' benchmark a shot?
http://www.netapp.com/tech_library/3022.html

It attempts to simulate real-world activity of small file
creation/deletion like you have in a multiuser environment.
I used it a few years ago to convince myself that it was
worth using reiserfs for /var even though it was relatively
new at the time.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com