[K12OSN] Java font uglyness

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sun Feb 29 22:41:19 UTC 2004

Google is failing me on this one... I'm hoping someone here has
tackled Java fonts and has an easy answer ;-)

I have one school that is using some Java-based games & have noticed
that fonts can be a bit wonky.

First, the fonts are not anti-aliased. Has anyone heard about a fix
for this atrocity?

If there is no anti-alias fix, has anyone seen font problems with
text input boxes & know a fix?  An example is this URL:

http://www.coolmath4kids.com/mathgames/lemonade/index.html

If I click on through to the "Price/Quality Control" screen, I see
that the input box fonts are "cut-off" - only the top-half shows.

-Eric