[K12OSN] display manager not working

dcoder at valemount.com dcoder at valemount.com
Thu Jul 1 14:30:11 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have just installed K12ltsp 4.01 and everything has gone soothly so far.  I
can boot the client upto the point where I get a gray screen with an x for the
cursor.    I have read 6.6.1 "Gray Screen with large X cursor" several times
and everything seems to be ok.  If I follow directions this is what I get

[root at server gdm]#  netstat -ap | grep xdmcp
udp        0      0 *:xdmcp                 *:*    3628/gdm-binary
so xdmcp seems to be running

Here is my xdm-config

! SECURITY: do not listen for XDMCP or Chooser requests
! Comment out this line if you want to manage X terminals with xdm
DisplayManager.requestPort:     0

and I have checked Xaccess for the *

and the xdmcp has the Enable=true line in it

so now I am a little stuck.  I can ping my client ws253 so it knows me.

Any help will be greatly appreiciatiated.

Dean Coder
VSS
Valemount Secondary School