[K12OSN] Sound on Mac Thick Clients [SOLVED!!!]

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Jul 2 14:55:29 UTC 2004

> They came through just fine.  I will go check the configs now.

I checked out the configs and the local inittab on the mac matched your
perfect.  The lts.conf however had quite a few differences.  I made it
all identical to your other than loading GLX (for some reason I had
errors with it) and without the specific configs for the workstations.
Still no luck.  Which version of LTSP are you using?  My test box is
still running 3.1.2 since 4.0.1 crashed on my dual intel box all of the
time.  Sound on the server works, sound on the mac works when booted
locally, both configs match yours identical (except for the noted diff
in lts.conf).  Any other ideas?  My only thought is that I have a
different version of LTSP than you.  Do you have a Bondi iMac to try on
your system to see if they work?  Maybe it is just not recognizing the
sound card?

> Another note -- the ltsp.conf file does not reference the mac's MAC
> address.  FYI.

By this I assume that you mean all mac settings are the default and the
WS configs are for the PC's on the network?  That is why I left out the
WS configs.

---