[K12OSN] Window Manager Question

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Fri Jul 2 17:54:46 UTC 2004

Hmm... I do like the idea of "choice"  (go figure, eh?) -- perhaps
DEFAULTING to IceWM, but allowing KDE and/or Gnome would be a good
option.  That way, I could make it well known that if our servers start
to feel the pain of growth, KDE and Gnome may be taken offline.

The one thing that stops me from going all out with IceWM is that you
can't configure the taskbar, etc easily.  Yes, I know there are tools
(iceme, icepref, etc) but no simple "right click and select 'add
application'" like in KDE/Gnome.

I'll keep pondering.  Thanks for the input. :)  I still have no idea
what I'll end up doing. :)

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director