[K12OSN] network card problems

Will Hatch fhkms at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 2 18:45:45 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Thanks for the good advice.  I have succeeded in getting my internet connection to work brilliantly through eth1.  Now, I have my network cable going out of eth0 to my hub, then to a workstation.  The light is showing on the back of the server on eth1, on the hub, and on the back of the workstation.  When I turn on the workstation it searches for DHCP then gives me the message "no DHCP or boottp offers received", then it boots to the hard drive.  Any ideas?  The network card that is working over eth1 is a new card I just purchased.  The card that isn't working is the original card from the pc.  It worked fine with our peer-to-peer windows network.  Thanks! -Will