[K12OSN] network card problems

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Fri Jul 2 19:08:20 UTC 2004

Will Hatch wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Thanks for the good advice.  I have succeeded in getting my internet connection to work brilliantly through eth1.

good

>  Now, I have my network cable going out of eth0 to my hub, then to a workstation.

good

>  The light is showing on the back of the server on eth1, on the hub, and on the back of the workstation.

we know that eth1 is ok because you can use the internet ... is the
light showing on eth0 is what we need to know here ...

>  When I turn on the workstation it searches for DHCP then gives me the message "no DHCP or boottp offers received", then it boots to the hard drive.

on the server  - 'service dhcpd status'
it should be running ...

>  Any ideas?  The network card that is working over eth1 is a new card I just purchased.

i have a Davicom (dmfe) like your eth1 in my linux machine too and it
works just fine ..

> The card that isn't working is the original card from the pc.  It worked fine with our peer-to-peer windows network.

you can try 'mii-tools eth0' to see if the card is up and running ok

>  Thanks! -Will

no worries - keep the detailed info coming ... and fast coz its friday
avo. and weekend is fast approaching :)

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!