[K12OSN] Re: Windows Terminal Services and rdesktop question

jam at mcquil.com jam at mcquil.com
Sat Jul 3 20:24:04 UTC 2004

David,

You can run rdesktop locally, simply by setting 'SCREEN_01 = rdesktop'

You can supply the name or IP address of the Windows server
as an argument to the rdesktop command.

For example:

   SCREEN_01 = rdesktop -f w2k.yourdomain.com

The '-f' will cause rdesktop to be full screen.

This will not give you a Linux session at all.  It will just
give you a windows session.

This isn't exactly what you were looking for.  But, maybe you
could set it on SCREEN_02, and then press Ctrl-Alt-F2 to get to
it.

To achieve what you are really asking for, you'd need to setup rdesktop
as a local app.  The binary is already there, so it's just a matter of
getting it to launch.  You would use ssh for that.  This requires
setting up the public and private keys, and NIS.

I hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org