[K12OSN] 1 thin client = 4 terminals?

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Mon Jul 5 01:10:04 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 08:41:48PM -0400, "Terrell Prudé, Jr." wrote:
> I wouldn't do it.  Here's why.  If you want to hook up more than one
> keyboard and mouse to a LTSP client, then you need at least two things:
>
> 1.)  some way to physically hook up the other monitors, keyboards, and
> mice, and
> 2.)  some way to separate each of the four sessions.

They did all that, special kernel, all seats at same table etc..
usb kyb and mice.
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.c3sl.ufpr.br%2Ffourhead&langpair=pt%7Cen&hl=pt&ie=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

If you happen to have a lot of usb keyboards, and usb mice and extra
monitors, and extra video cards this is a way to stretch your hardware.

If you can afford the hardware, plain old LTSP is a better solution.
As for multi-seating an ltsp TC, any TC configured robustly enough to
handle this setup is a server!

Their setup handles the connection issues mentioned below.

--
Our father, which art in Redmond, Monopoly be thy name.
Thy empire come, thy OS never done, shipping as it is in development

Give us this day, our daily bug And forgive address violations
as we forgive those viruses that trespass against us

Lead us not unto competition but deliver us from Choice
For thine is the license, the revenue and the greed forever. Amen

Linux and Open Source.  The New Base.

Now All your base belongs to you, for free.