[K12OSN] clients not booting up with new edits in lts.conf

Shane Stafford staffords at glenburn.net
Fri Jul 9 14:12:12 UTC 2004

hello all

I'm moving off my ltsp 3.0 server to  4.0.1.  I have several machines with
edits to the lts.conf file.   I tried the first one with no edits and it
booted fine but with the video problems (wavy, double image).  So, I took
the lts.conf edits from my old server and inserted them into the new
server.  I get stuck at  mounting rootfilesystem /opt/ltsp/i386 from
192.168.0.254

So, I pulled the edit and it booted again with same video problems.  So, I
added just the
#[air19] which is name of machine and the mac address
[00:0c:41:26:D4:41]   and I got the same hanging on the client.   Any
ideas what is different from the older version to this one?

thanks
Shane

Shane Stafford, MCSE, MCT
Director Information Services Glenburn School and Town
Educational System Integrator/Network Engineer
S & B Consulting