[K12OSN] K12LSTP in a Windows Environment

Chris Thomas cwt137 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 15:39:27 UTC 2004

You can have your linux box authenticate against your
NT box. I havent done it myself but I think you use
winbind to do it. When you start your new fedora box
for the first time, there will be a authentication
configuration window and you can pick winbind from
there. If you miss that screen at startup, you can go
to System Settings -> Authentication.

With the printers, just go to the printer control
panel thing in fedora and add a new printer. One of
the queue type selections is a Windows Network (SMB).
Pick that while adding a printer.