[K12OSN] Anyone running apache on their k12ltsp box?

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Fri Jul 9 20:06:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've got a small, low volume web site on my k12ltsp box.  It's actually
serving my mp3 collection.  I want it to be password protected from the
outside world, so I don't get in trouble with the RIAA, but I want the
clients and other users on the LAN not to be challenged for a
password.  When I make changes to the .htaccess page in the directory all
of a sudden the clients get the default apache page that says that the
server isn't set up.  When I change it back, they get asked for the
password, but sent through to the proper directory.  Is anybody else doing
this?  What's the proper way to set this up?  I don't know whether to
restrict by IP, or what.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

ck