[K12OSN] Re: K12LSTP in a Windows Environment

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Mon Jul 12 17:50:52 UTC 2004

> Hello all,
>    I've got a well-established Windows NT domain running here, and I'm
> trying to add some Linux terminals to the mix.  I know very little
> about Linux in general and even less about Terminal Services
> specifically.

<snip>

>   Is there some way to synchronize the Linux server with my NT Primary
> Domain Controller so that my users can log on to the terminals with
> their existing NT user names and passwords?

Ok.  I've gotten several responses to this question and have done a good
bit of Web research on the subject, including going through old posts to
this list, but I'm still not getting anywhere.  The problem is that
everything I'm reading assumes I know more than I do about Linux
administration.  Can anyone point me to a step-by-step, milquetoast
guide to authenticating my thin clients via my Windows Domain
Controllers?  Thanks.

--
C-ya,
Mark