[K12OSN] script....or cat help Samba/LDAP

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Tue Jul 13 02:30:54 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to ge things a little smoother so that I can easily duplicate
my Samba/LDAP set up for others.  One thing I've done is copied my config
files to an FTP share so that I can copy them down to the new server.  The
only problem is that the permissions get shot so I actually have to open
them.....copy the contents of the file and paste the contents into
(overwriting) the existing file on the new server.  What I'd like to be
able to do is something like ...take whatever text is in file "A" and copy
it over to file "B" and in the process overwrite anything that is
currently in file "B".  This way I could possibly "batch" or "shell
script" a whole bunch of files to go where they need to with all the
changes made ahead of time.  Can this be done?  If so....how?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us