[K12OSN] newbie trouble booting thin clients

Will Hatch fhkms at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 13 11:36:24 UTC 2004

Hi Everyone!

Well, I purchased a switch, and a couple of network cards for my server, and I'm up and running.  I have 3 clients booting perfectly with internet access.  Now, I have to figure out how to boot these other 10 computers.  My stupid question:  If the bios of a pc does not have the option to boot to network, will buying a network card from disklessworkstations.com that is setup for booting solve my problem.  I'm having trouble understanding the boot process - making boot floppies - ect.  I'm willing to spend the 29$ for these network cards if it means I don't have to make boot floppies.  My understanding of this process is that a network card that has the boot rom programmed into it will fix this.  Am I on the right track?  Thanks!